Wheels Down: She Buys Car - Exploring Los Angeles Food in the 2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune
I had the opportunity to write for a new website dedicated to women and cars – She Buys Cars. I was headed to Los Angeles to do my version of a foodie tour. I wanted to visit the restaurants and shops I read about, but also needed a fun car to whip around the city in. L.A. is lots of driving and since I grew up in Houston it was okay. Driving all around the different areas didn’t bother me. I just wish their metered parking had an app.
The Beetle Dune took me all around the Los Angeles area and here is a list of a few places I feasted. I'm headed back to California next month so stay tuned for more food and wine adventures.
- In-n-Out Burger. Obviously.
- Animal. After years of hearing so much about this place I had to go. It didn’t disappoint and the wine list was everything I needed it to be – different, interesting, and varied.
- Domain LA Wine Shop. This shop has unique California wines that are hard to get in my area. I have been waiting for months to taste La Clarine Farm and it was all I wanted in a wine. Classic, elegant, great nose, easy to taste, and paired beautifully with seafood and chicken. More Wine. Less Attitude is their motto and it is evident in their wine selection and their staff.
- SOL Mexican Cocina. SOL is Baja-inspired cuisine and it didn’t disappoint. I wanted a different take on Mexican cuisine and SOL gave me what I was looking for from the thin crispy tostadas, blackberry ginger margarita, and steak tacos.
- Huevos Rancheros at San Pedro Cafe. I’m a breakfast girl and it’s the one thing I miss living in D.C. They don’t have good huevos rancheros, migas, or chilaquiles. I decided to meet a friend for breakfast in San Pedro near the water and these gave me the sustenance I needed and enough fulfillment until my meal at Bestia.
- Bestia. I couldn’t get a reservation so I decided to have dinner at the bar right when they opened. It was worth the price of admission.
- Terroni. I went to Terroni based on a food blogging friend’s testimonial and I felt I was dropped in Italy. My goodness. Seriously.
Read my full review of the Volkswagen Beetle Dune here.
Volkswagen provided the Beetle Dune for review purposes. Opinions expressed are my own.